Industrial Website Design and Redesign
Turn your industrial website from brochureware into a productive sales tool
Creating another “brochureware” industrial website won’t help you generate leads that turn into sales opportunities and wins. You need an effective and efficient online sales tool, one that fits your sales process. (See our blog post, Why do so Many Industrial Website Redesigns Fail?).
How do engineers and industrial professionals use the Internet?
Today’s industrial buyers and engineers are in self-serve and self-select mode for doing their research. They don’t want to talk to your sales team until they are ready. A joint study, conducted by ThomasNet and Google, revealed that industrial buyers are increasingly turning to the Internet when conducting searches for products and services, bypassing offline sources such as catalogs and sales reps.
(Source: The Buyer-Seller Disconnect…by Linda Rigano, Director of Strategic Alliances for ThomasNet, published in ManufacturingCrossing.com)
“Treat your website as if you were hiring a six-figure salesperson.” – Linda Rigano, Director of Strategic Alliances at ThomasNet
Problem: While many supplier websites provide product descriptions and applications, that alone is not enough. Savvy online buyers are looking for more in-depth information.
Solution: Don’t task your sales team with prospecting and lead generation (They hate doing it anyway). Your industrial website should be doing the heavy lifting of generating qualified leads so they can spend more time with customers selling and not identifying opportunities. Help them be more productive and increase their wins.
Industrial website redesign for lead generation and growing sales
Industrial websites must become the workhorse for lead generation. Designing industrial websites for optimal lead generation requires careful planning, paying attention to many details and first-hand knowledge of what engineers and technical buyers want to see on your site. That’s where Tiecas gives you the edge over your competition.
Don’t settle for another cosmetic facelift to your industrial website. Invest in a digital asset that will continue to pay dividends long after you’ve paid for it.
We understand that some manufacturers and other industrial companies may need a basic informational industrial website to get started. If that is what you need, consider our Basic Industrial Web Design Package »
Deliverables for industrial website redesigns and prices
- Consult (phone/email/online meetings) to determine site objectives and business goals
- Develop a strategic plan for the site redesign
- Develop a site design plan that is aligned with your sales process
- Review existing Google Analytics and/or analytics from Marketing Automation
- Provide a checklist for gathering existing content
- Develop a new custom design that is consistent with your branding
- Follow current best practices of responsive web design
- Create a functional mock-up hosted on our server for your review and feedback
- Research and develop a keywords roadmap
- Edit/optimize existing content as required
- Create new content as required (May increase your cost)
- Implement optimized meta tags
- Use Google-approved “white hat” techniques for on-page SEO
- Build pages and populate with content
- Create up to three landing pages with forms
- Create up to three calls to action buttons/graphics
- Include an integrated blog within the site
- Install a Content Management System (CMS)
- Provide all backend scripting and programming
- Include a Site Search feature
- Install Google Analytics code
- Test across all modern browsers and platforms (Mac OS and WIN)
- Upload to your server and take your site live
- Fix any broken links, missing pages and 301 redirects
- Provide a Zip file of all site files (You own the site, not us)
A website redesign usually takes 12 to 14 weeks to complete from the startup date.
To help you make an initial go or no go decision, here are some ballpark estimates for our web design prices.
- Branding (Basic Informational) industrial websites (20 pages or less) start at $7,000
- Robust industrial websites designed to drive sales (up to 50 pages) start at $12,000
- Larger and more complex sites (50+ pages, e-commerce, part number finder etc.) start at $29,000
These prices will scale up depending on features, complexities and how much content we have to create from scratch. Additional charges apply for integration with Salesforce CRM and Marketing Automation (We have hands-on experience with HubSpot and Pardot).
Examples of client website redesigns
View some examples of website redesigns that we have successfully completed for our clients.
Free website (re)design guide
Get a head start on redesigning your industrial website by downloading our FREE Web (re)Design Guide »